Bankruptcy Attorney St. John, IN
Dealing with overwhelming debts and harassing credit collection calls? Are monthly bills making it harder to pay basic living expenses? Getting threats of repossessions and other legal actions? Bankruptcy may be the answer to your problems. At Schmidt, Whitten & Whitten, we can guide you in options to deal with past due debts, so you can get the fresh start you need.
Facing Serious Financial Problems Due to Outstanding Debts? Bankruptcy May be Able to Help
According to a 2021 report by Bank Rate, when you add up housing, education, medical care, and other costs, the average American owes close to $100,000 in debt. Falling behind or missing even one monthly payment can have a snowball effect. High interest rates and penalty fees increase your balance, making it hard to ever get caught up. Meanwhile, juggling payments among several lenders can lead to further chaos and threats of legal action.
When facing this type of situation, get Schmidt, Whitten & Whitten on your side. Our bankruptcy attorney in St. John, IN can help you in addressing the following types of debts:
- Mortgages and real estate loans;
- Car payments and title loans;
- Secured and unsecured personal loans;
- Loans on behalf of a business you own;
- Outstanding credit card balances;
- Medical debts;
- Certain tax debts;
- Outstanding utilities;
- Legal judgments;
- Other types of debt that wreak havoc in your life.
Find Out Your Options in Filing for Bankruptcy
To find out your options in regards to bankruptcy, schedule a free consultation at Schmidt, Whitten & Whitten, Our bankruptcy attorney in St. John, IN can review the specific circumstances surrounding your case and provide the trusted legal guidance in determining options available, which include:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy, known as a liquidation, which may require you to surrender certain property while eliminating medical debts, past due utility bills, outstanding balances on credit cards, and unsecured loans.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy, which is more of a reorganization of debts. It allows you to eliminate certain unsecured debts while renegotiating payments on others, such as your home, car, and other valuables.
Once a petition is filed with the Indiana Bankruptcy Court an automatic stay goes into effect. This prevents creditors from making harassing calls or taking any additional collections actions against you.
Request a Free Consultation With Our Bankruptcy Attorney St. John, IN
You do not need to struggle with overwhelming debts all alone. Schmidt, Whitten & Whitten is here to help and can provide solutions to help you make a fresh start. Call or contact our Bankruptcy attorney in St. John, IN online to request a free consultation today.
Schedule A Free Consultation
At Whitten & Whitten, we offer a free consultation during which we will examine the facts of your case and advise you on how best to proceed