Crown Point Home Foreclosure Lawyer
Mortgage lenders are unforgiving when it comes to late payments. Falling one month behind can make it hard to get caught and may put you at risk for foreclosure. In these situations, you need an experienced Crown Point home foreclosure lawyer on your side. At the Law Office of Kevin M. Schmidt, P.C., we offer practical solutions to help prevent the loss of your home in foreclosure proceedings.
Facing the Prospect of Foreclosure in Crown Point
Under the Indiana Code, a mortgage lender can file for foreclosure proceedings after as little as one or two missed payments. At the Law Office of Kevin M. Schmidt, P.C., you can trust our Crown Point foreclosure lawyer to advocate for you in these situations. Your best course of action is to contact us if you are in danger of falling behind in your payments or have received the following notices from either your lender or the Indiana courts:
- Notice of default: This is a letter informing you that you have 30 days to bring your mortgage up to date before legal action is taken.
- Foreclosure summons and complaint: This officially initiates foreclosure proceedings in the Indiana court.
- Notice of sale: Based on the judge’s order, this grants permission for your lender to sell or auction your home.
Once your home is sold or auctioned, you may still have up to 120 days to redeem the property and buy back the debt. However, it is best not to wait until the last minute to take action. The earlier you contact our Crown Point foreclosure lawyer, the sooner we can take action.
We Protect and Defend You Against Foreclosure
If you are behind on your mortgage and facing foreclosure, you are not alone. According to BankRate, while Indiana foreclosure rates have dropped in recent years, they are still significantly higher than the national average. If you are behind on mortgage payments, you may want to consider filing for bankruptcy.
At the Law Office of Kevin M. Schmidt, P.C., our Crown Point foreclosure lawyer can use bankruptcy to save your home and lower your payments. This may be the best option for people facing financial hardships as a result of the following:
- Reduction in income or profit losses in business;
- Personal problems, such as divorce or separation;
- Medical problems, serious injuries, or chronic health conditions;
- Death of a spouse or other loved one;
- Legal issues, such as lawsuits and criminal charges;
- Problems being overextended regarding other debts.
Let Our Crown Point Foreclosure Lawyer Help You
At the Law Office of Kevin M. Schmidt, P.C., we can help you reclaim financial security by dealing with overwhelming debts. To request a free consultation to see how we can assist you, reach out and contact our Crown Point foreclosure lawyer today.