Hobart Bankruptcy Attorney
Helping Clients Through the Bankruptcy Process in and around Hobart
The decision to file for bankruptcy can be a difficult one, though it can also change your life for the better. If you are struggling with overwhelming debt and cannot pay your bills, you might be spending your days dodging collectors and losing sleep at night. Always remember that there are debt relief solutions, and the law provides relief for many people through the bankruptcy process.
If you would like to learn about your bankruptcy options, do not hesitate to call the Law Office of Kevin M. Schmidt, P.C. Our bankruptcy lawyer has been helping clients in the Hobart area get out of debt for more than 20 years, and we can evaluate your best course of action. Do not continue simply stressing about debt you cannot pay – contact our office today.
Is Bankruptcy Right for You?
Bankruptcy is not the right solution for everyone with debt, and you should discuss this possibility with an experienced Hobart bankruptcy attorney. Some factors to consider include:
- The type of debt you have
- Whether you can afford to make at least the minimum payments on your debts
- Whether or not you anticipate your financial situation will change
- If you have legal judgments, wage garnishments, or levies on your accounts
- If your home is at risk of foreclosure or your vehicle is at risk of repossession
Many people file for bankruptcy for reasons beyond their control, such as medical bills from a serious illness or high credit card balances resulting from a period of unemployment. A dedicated attorney can review your current and future financial situation and help you decide whether bankruptcy is right for you.
Handling Every Step of the Bankruptcy Process
If you choose to file for bankruptcy, the next step is determining whether you qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. If you do not, you also have the option to file under Chapter 13. This decision of which type of case to pursue depends on:
- Your income
- The type of debt you have
- Whether you have property and assets you want to protect
Our office will advise you on all the information you need to provide so we can get started on your case. We then guide you through every step of the legal process, including:
- Preparing your petition and supporting schedules
- Filing your petition with the proper court
- Applying exemptions to protect your property in a Chapter 7 case
- Ensuring you get a fair repayment plan in a Chapter 13 case
- Representing you at the 341 Meeting of Creditors and any necessary court hearings
- Seeing your case through to a successful discharge of debts
Contact a Hobart Bankruptcy Lawyer to Discuss Your Options Today
The Law Office of Kevin M. Schmidt, P.C., helps many people start fresh with a clean financial slate after Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Bankruptcy helps thousands of people each year, and it might be able to help you. Contact us to set up a free consultation to discuss your financial situation and options for relief today.
Schedule A Free Consultation
At the Law Office of Kevin M. Schmidt, P.C., we offer a free consultation during which we will examine the facts of your case and advise you on how best to proceed