Home Foreclosure Attorney Lake County, IN
Falling behind on your mortgage payments is every homeowner’s nightmare. Between your past due monthly payment, penalties, and high-interest rates, it can be hard to ever get caught up. At a time like this, you need an experienced Lake County, Indiana foreclosure attorney on your side. At the Law Office of Kevin M. Schmidt, P.C., we provide the trusted legal guidance you need in these situations. We can advise you on the best course of action, which may include filing for bankruptcy.
Foreclosure in Lake County, Indiana
While foreclosures in Indiana are not at the high levels they were during the housing crisis, BankRate shows that they are still significantly above national averages. Unfortunately, missing even one month of mortgage payments could put you at risk.
At the Law Office of Kevin M. Schmidt, P.C., our Lake County, Indiana foreclosure attorney provides the protection you need in these situations. We work with homeowners who may be facing the prospect of foreclosure as the result of the following:
- Job losses or reduction in earnings;
- Failed business and lost profits;
- Health problems and chronic conditions;
- Accidental injuries;
- Death of a spouse or other loved one;
- Divorce and separation;
- Legal issues, such as lawsuits and criminal charges;
- Military deployment.
Defending You Against Foreclosure and Bank Actions
Under the Indiana Code, foreclosure proceedings may result in an order for your home to be auctioned or sold at sheriff’s sale. Before this happens, your foreclosure will likely go through the following steps:
- Notice of default: Once you receive this notice in the mail, you have 30 days to get your mortgage current before further action is taken.
- Foreclosure summons and complaint: This notifies you that foreclosure proceedings have been initiated in the Indiana court.
- Foreclosure sale: This involves the judge’s order, granting permission for your lender to attempt to sell the home.
At the Law Office of Kevin M. Schmidt, P.C., we defend throughout this process, offering solutions to help avoid a sale. This may include filing for bankruptcy and negotiating payments arrangements.
Reach Out to Our Lake County, IN Foreclosure Attorney Today
If facing the prospect of a foreclosure, it is important to realize you are not alone. The Law Office of Kevin M. Schmidt, P.C. is here to help, acting as a strong legal advocate on your behalf. Reach out and contact our Lake County, IN foreclosure attorney to request a free consultation today.